What is Champion the Cure Challenge?
Each year, thousands of people in our communities come together with a shared purpose. They are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, business owners, healthcare professionals, cancer survivors, students, and many others. What do they have in common? They all believe that Maine people deserve to have world-class cancer care services available as close to home as possible.
The Challenge is the only event in our region whose sole purpose is to support local cancer research and treatment. Every dollar raised supports Northern Light Cancer Care services provided at the Lafayette Family Cancer Institute in Brewer.
As Champion the Cure Challenge looks toward its next decade of supporting local cancer care services, your opportunity to make a difference is greater than ever. We have some exciting new plans for 2021 that will make a direct difference in the lives of those who are affected by cancer. Check back here in the coming weeks to find out how you can be a part of what we have planned.
Champion the Cure Challenge began in 2010 to support cancer research at EMMC Cancer Care, now Northern Light Cancer Care. The inaugural EMMC Champion the Cure Challenge met its very first fundraising goal of $100,000. Our event has raised more than $5.1 million over the past eleven years.
The 2021 Trail Ride
Location: 80 Brown Rd. Corinna
On-site check-in and registration: Times to be determined
Event time: Times to be determined
Registration Fees: Adults 18 and up $40, Children $25 [must be accompanied by an adult]
Types: 5 miles, 10 miles
Registration fees are based on age and event participation. For more information, please call Northern Light Health Foundation at 207.973.5055 or email email@example.com.
Requirements for Participation
- Must present coggins, rabies certificates (recommended rhino and strangles vaccines)
- If you or your horse are exhibiting any illness or have been exposed – please stay home.
- There will be a Vet on site, any horse exhibiting signs of lameness or illness will be examined by the vet to determine if fit to ride/participate.
- Please bring your own water bucket.
Champion the Cure has something for everyone:
- Trail ride: 5 miles, 10 miles
- Virtual Participant: Can’t make it to the event? Raise funds and be eligible for the same prizes.
- Volunteer: There are many opportunities to volunteer before, during, and after the event.
Or, join us for the Walk/Run/Cycle on 8/14/21 and 8/15/21 or the Paddle on 9/12/21.